Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tanis Reporting

It is our last night in San Pancho and I am very sad to be leaving.  This has been our home for the last 30 days and we have been truly fortunate to be a part of this community.  It was very hard to take down our units at our last dental clinic on Tuesday, as this meant we were nearing the end.  I have learned so much about the community in the last month and feel that my clinical skills have improved since I first arrived.  This externship has enabled me to assess where my clinical skills were at when we arrived and then allow me to focus on areas that needed improvement.  The extended clinic hours guided this focus, along with the coaching from Ada, Dr. Grillo, Jane, and my daily partner.  I have also improved my caries assessment skills, as many children and adults in San Pancho that we screened and treated had caries.  Overall, this has been a wonderful experience and I feel that this has enriched my life personally and as a dental hygienist.     

1 comment:

  1. Tanis-

    We thoroughly enjoyed working with you, and I appreciated your eagerness to learn. You were picking up the LA pretty well!!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete