Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jeanie reporting

Today we visited the Montessori primary and elementary school that was started by a group of parents of San Pancho.  My past experience as a Montessori teacher made me reflect on how amazing the program is for children and how involved these parents are.  Even in San Pancho, they have made changes in their children´s education possible by being open and creating an alternative to traditional ways.  Today, I spoke with a parent and he says that by us just being here makes a huge difference for this town, and I believe it is soley because the people of San Pancho are so open and adaptable to receiving change.  I am continually amazed by the people here and learning more about their past, present, and bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment